What brand of oils do I use?
I personally use Young Living Essential Oils. What sold me on this particular brand was their “seed to seal” process, which means they have control over the entire production (owning farms across the globe, planting their own seeds, cultivating, distilling and bottling of each oil). That’s crazy important because it means they can ensure that no pesticides or herbicides are used, nothing is added to the oil- it’s pure, unadulterated goodness. This sort of control, over the creation of a product, became important to me when I started living gluten free. I wanted assurance that my foods were truly 100% gluten free. And the same goes with my oils. I want to know that what I’m putting on my body is safe, organic and pure. Young Living oils can guarantee that for me. Lastly, Young Living has around 150 oils to choose from, so I knew amongst that many, there would be plenty of blends that would really fit me. And while yes, it does takes some time to figure out while oils work best with your body, it’s totally worth the journey.
What other brands are safe to use?
Keep in mind there are no FDA regulations on essential oils, so it’s super important to know your company. Don’t run to the grocery store and buy the first oil you see (cough… I may have done that at first, oops, haha!). Often, these cheaper oils at grocery stores have been produced in a way that can destroy the therapeutic compounds via heat, pressure and/or chemical solvents. This means we are getting a less potent version of the good stuff. SO- just do your research and find a brand that’s right for YOU! Also- no matter what brand you use, make sure there’s not an expiration date on the oil. The only reason an oil would “need” to expire is if something was added to it. And you don’t want oils with anything added.
Do I really believe that oils work?
I truly believe there is a time for both medicinal and natural methods in our lives. I’m grateful for both! Will each oil work for every single person that uses it? Nope. Everyone has different body chemistry. So, an oil that is amazing for you may only be “okay” for me. We all have preferences when it comes to head aches meds or allergy meds, it’s the same with oils. The cool thing is that our body will metabolize an oil within 20 minutes, so you’ll know pretty quick if that oil “fits” you. This is why the starter kits, which I’m about to get to, are awesome. While you can totally buy the standard 15 ml bottles of oils, the start kits have 5 ml bottles. This way, you can test a bunch of them out, at your own pace. I’ve found that it’s taken several months to slowly figure out which oils really work best for me. And those oils will be featured in my essential oils series that I’m doing right now on my blog.
What can I possibly use oils for?
- Pain Relief
- Natural Household Cleaners
- Beauty and Skin
- Germ Killers
- Colds and Flu
- Sleep Disorders
- Sickness Prevention
- Foot Fungus
- Oral Care
- Sore Muscles
- Ear Infections
- Balancing Emotions
- And more…
STEP 1: Click HERE to start the sign up- process. I’d personally sign up as a wholesale member. You’ll receive a 24% discount when you sign up (think Costco!). There’s no minimum orders and no monthly fees, and no commitments. And no, as a wholesale member, you don’t have to sell ANYTHING. The only thing that Young Living requires for you to keep your distributor/wholesale status is that you purchase 50 PV (Point Value – which equals $$ amount) of Young Living products in one YEAR. Easy enough!
- NOTE THIS: You’ll notice my number (#1832949) in both the Enroller and Sponsor spots. This ensures that you are a part of the my personal team and will have access to a group of mentors at your disposal. Full disclosure: Young Living will send me a referral fee when you sign up.
STEP 2: Pick a starter Kit
- GET THE PREMIUM STARTER KIT. This is what I got started with, it’s $150 and it absolutely the best bang for your buck. It includes: Ten everyday oils that are great for daily use, 2 NingXia Red 2-oz. samples (I drink this stuff every day- it’s AMAZING), 5-ml Stress Away blend (combats anxiety- I LOVE IT!), AromaGlide Roller Fitment, 10 Essential Oil Sample Packets (2 packets each of lavender, peppermint, lemon, Thieves, & Peace & Calming – each sample packet contains about 6 drops of oil), plus a home diffuser. Sooo…TONS of stuff.
STEP 3: Essential Rewards
- Once you have chosen your kit, you will also have the option to sign up for Young Living’s monthly ordering program called Essential Rewards. While this program isn’t a requirement, it is a great way to earn points for free products (I just used mine and got $150 of FREE products!), enjoy reduced shipping costs, and plan out your family’s oily budget.
That’s all there is to it! Young Living Has great customer service, so if you have any questions about your order you can contact them at 1-800-371-3515.
Once I get my oils, how do I learn how to use them?
- Through the website: Baby Steps to Essential Oils. This is the team that I chose to be a part of. The women who run it are kind, generous, organized, crazy helpful and knowledgeable.
- Once you sign up, we will add you to a private facebook group of almost 5,000 people . From there, you can ask ANY questions you have, there’s NOTHING I haven’t seen asked. In addition, there’s also an awesome public Babysteps oils facebook page that you can check out right HERE.
- If you’re not into people, lol, (or if you just want more “hands on” info) you can snag an essential guide that will literally tell you what to do for each and every ailment: Essential Oils pocket reference. This reference is an amazing resource.
- Here is a webinar from my team, “I have my oils, now what?” that you is awesome to watch.
Disclaimer: Any suggestions made on this website are very specific to Young Living essential oils and should not be used with oils from another source. Statements made on this website about Young Living Essential Oils have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products and information are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from disease or injury should consult with a physician. If you are currently on medication, do NOT stop it.That is all. :)
Hope this was helpful, I’d love to have you on this oily journey with me!
Lauren Lucille Vasser
“The Celiac Diva”